There’s nothing better than having a pool on your backyard. Being able to just put on shorts or a bikini and enjoy sometime swimming on your own pool is a fantastic feeling.
However, not everyone can afford a $20,000 swimming pool, it’s just not feasible for some people. And even for people that can afford it, the initial investment isn’t only money that you’ll spend on your pool. Maintaining the pool is also expensive. There are machinery that require maintenance and repair, the water has to be treated, you usually have to hire a pool cleaning company, and it all adds up…
So we’ve put together a list of 12 tips that you can use to save some money on pool maintenance. Use these 12 and you’ll see yourself saving thousands of dollars in the long-run.
- Install a solar heating system.
- Install sunlightaround your pool
- You should compare prices and servicesseveral contractors before choosing.
- See the latest productsand ask if they can be profitable in the future.
- When choosing the lighting or the pool heater, make sure it works efficiently.
- You can use a pool coverto minimize evaporation and reduce heating costs.
- To save power, use the filtration systemof your pool just in time other than peak.
- Keep the seasons in mind when using heating equipmentin order to reach the conclusion that it is not necessary to use any heat source during the summer.
- If you are absent for more than a week, turn off the pool heater.
- If you use the pool only at weekends, reduce the setting of the thermostatand the heater settings in eight to ten degrees during the week.
- For maximum filtration and energy efficiency, clean the filter
- Save energy and time, buy a larger filter. A higher filter reduces the buildup of pressure, this saves the pool pump. Also will not have to clean the filter as often, thus saving valuable time.
These are our 12 tips that we use regularly to reduce the costs and expenses associated with having a swimming pool. We hope you enjoy them!